LAP BAND & YOU
Call us now! 229.434.4200
Find our Location
Is Lap Band Surgery right for you?
LAP-BAND® may be right for you if: Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is at least 40, or you are at least 30 pounds overweight with a BMI of at least 30 kg/m2 with one or more obesity related comorbid conditions.
• You are at least 18 years old.
• You have been overweight for more than 5 years.
• Your serious weight loss attempts have had only short-term success.
• You are not currently suffering from any other disease that may have caused your excess weight.
• You are prepared to make major changes in your eating habits and lifestyle.
• You do not drink alcohol in excess.
• You are not currently pregnant. (Note: If you become pregnant after having this procedure, the band can be adjusted for the duration of your pregnancy.)
Before and after: See real patients who have changed their lives for the better with Lap-Band surgery
This video has compelling images of real patients that have made the decision to conquer morbid obesity. See before and after results and statistics for typical Lap-Band patients. (Approximately 3 min. 10 sec. run time)
In this video, Lap-Band patients discuss why they had Lap-Band surgery, and how it has changed their lives for the better. (approximately 2 min. run time)
Paying for gastric band surgery: the cost of morbid obesity
For some patients, the cost of weight loss surgery may be covered by health insurance. Unfortunately, many health plans still consider bariatric (weight loss) surgery a non-covered procedure, forcing the cost upon the patient. Our staff will verify your insurance coverage, and recommend other financing options if you do not have coverage.
This video discusses the cost of Lap-Band surgery, and strategies to help you pay for your surgery. It also discusses medical tax deductions that you should explore, and the potential savings you may achieve by eliminating the medicines and other costs that often accompany morbid obesity.